Sunday, May 22, 2011

Graduation Cupcakes


Last night, my friends on Cornell Street had a final BBQ/get-together at their apartment. The majority of my friends have graduated. Many of them are staying around, but most are leaving. It's amazing how quickly these past four years have gone by, and I wish I had taken advantage of more opportunities to see some of my friends.

On to the cupcakes!

I had several ideas brewing for graduation. I thought about doing brown and orange to represent RIT's colors or tiger paws for the mascot. Those seemed too expected and boring, though. I found cap pops by Bakerella, the woman who invented cake pops. I altered a couple of things about her pops.

I made mini chocolate cupcakes and lightly iced them with peanut butter frosting. The frosting was made up on the spot, so I don't have an exact recipe for it. It was made out of butter, peanut butter, confectioner's sugar and vanilla extract.

The Reese's mini peanut butter cups were easy to find. I searched Wegmans for an alternative square topper, though. I found some cookies, but they weren't the right size. Then I noticed Hershey's bar chocolate was on sale (for s'more season). Two bricks seemed like they made a perfect square, and this was the cheapest option.

Sorry about the quality of the images. It was getting late, the lighting was bad, and I wanted to bring them over!

Lots of mini cupcakes!

Peanut Butter frosting


I ran out of chocolate for caps, so there were some without.
Egg cartons work surprisingly well for carrying mini cupcakes!


The extras for the roomie :)

Lots of caps



Happy Graduation!
Amy made a cake for Cornell :)

That's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment