Friday, April 30, 2010

Robert's Birthday


They look like Krabby Patties, but they're meant to be Bubba Burgers! These are cupcakes cut in half to create a top and bottom bun. The meat is chocolate cupcakes sliced up, the cheese and lettuce are just icing. There was meant to be red for ketchup, but there was a lack of red food coloring...
I cannot for the life of me remember what was on top for sesame seeds. I remember they didn't look as realistic in person, though.

I always browse the internet first before I start a cake. I also try to be as original as possible. I found many hamburger cakes. This inspired the hamburger cupcakes. The other reason I like to  make cupcakes so much is that people are way more inclined to have a cupcake than they are to have a slice of cake. Maybe it's a social thing. It could also be a "I'm watching my weight" thing. Mini cupcakes are even better. Those never last long. If you are making dessert for an event, consider mini cupcakes. Brownies work well too. I get the feeling that people who normally wouldn't allow themselves to have a piece of cake are willing to try a mini cupcake. It's just a taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment